Our Commitment to Privacy and Data Protection
Gateway Theology School (GTS) is committed to exercising a high standard of care in its handling of the personal information you share with us. We will never share your personal information with any other organisation or charity without your express permission. We do not sell, lease or rent your personal information to others.
GTS takes your privacy seriously
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect as of May 25, 2018. GTS abides by GDPR regulations. ‘Personal information’ or ‘personal data’ generally refers to all data that directly or indirectly relates to you, but these terms may also apply based upon applicable law and will carry the meaning of those applicable laws. GTS respects the rights of everyone to maintain control over their own personal data.
Information Collection and Use
GTS operates courses, seminars, events and teaching days, which often require a sign-up form. By signing on to a GTS course you agree to the collection and use of your personal information for course communication purposes and for on-going communications in accordance with this policy. You may opt-out of on-going communications at any time. We retain only a minimal amount of personal data for archival purposes. The data we retain is used only for communication purposes, and only with your permission. Personally identifiable information may include: your name, email address, phone number.
Cookies and Automated Technologies
GTS may use your personal information for occasional communication in the form of newsletters, invitations, or promotion of new courses. If you do not wish to receive any ongoing communication from GTS you may opt out at any time via email, phone, or our website.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us but no method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security, and therefore we retain only a minimal amount of personal data, usually limited to names and email addresses. However, should there be any breach of your personal data, we will inform you within 48 hours of becoming aware of it.
In the United Kingdom, you have certain rights related to your personal information. If you wish to exercise any of those rights, please email GTS at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 14 days.
- Right of access. You have the right to know that we are using your personal information, how we are using it, and for what purposes.
- Right to Edit and Update Information. You have the right to rectify inaccurate information, update your personal information, and supplement incomplete information
- Right to Delete Personal Information. You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information for the following reasons:
a) If the data is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected
b) If you withdraw previously given consent where consent is required to use the information
c) If your personal information has been unlawfully collected or used
d) If your personal information must be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to Portability. You have the right to ask us to send you your personal information in a structured format so that it can easily be transferred and used by a third party
- Right to Withdraw Consent. If you have given consent to us to use your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent and we will promptly respond
- Right to File a Complaint with the Data Protection Authority. We want to provide the best service possible and resolve any issue you have with GTS related to the use of your personal information. However, you always have the right to contact your local data protection authority for assistance or to make a complaint